Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ok, Ok!

I give up on this whole counting how many days of Summer vacation I've had. What's been going on since I posted last? My family went on our annual vacation. We pin balled to three different cities over the course of nine days. It was lots of fun. I got to spend some real quality time with my family, swim, play a little volleyball, a little softball, totally kill myself trying to do a flip off a diving board four times, see fish and otters and lots of other creative acts of God, and walk a lot! I was ready for a vacation after we got back, but no! Church camp started the next day so I got to do laundry and pack all the items that weren't already packed. I had missed the meetings for the older campers so I didn't find out I was a counselor for sure until they said," Everyone in Tess's cabin...".

Camp went well. I didn't think anyone got saved until I came back from Faith and someone that had visited one of the campers said he prayed to receive the Lord as His Savior. Well, I pray that he was sincere. There was a lot of messages that were helpful to me. B talked about "The Race". There are three positions here. 1) You have never started. 2) Your on it, but you are being slowed or stopped by an/ obstacle(s). 3) Your running the race full speed ahead. I also have somewhat of an accountability partner now. I think this was the greatest blessing to me.

Camp was at a different location this year. There are a few ups and downs though. The Ups: bathrooms in the cabins, beautiful scenery, campfire, hayless hay ride, pontoon boat ride, flat land to play games. The Downs: more people in the cabins(having to keep up and connect with 10 people), no volleyball tournament, less pool time, no crafts, no milk(except with cereal one morning) or juice at breakfast, snacks cost extra, paying almost 2x as much as last year. I can't think of anything else right now.

Since then, I've been hanging out at home waiting for school to start): I also started babysitting last week. It has been fun. I'm still young enough to remember my babysitters. I can remember the fun things and the not so fun things. I've tried to come up with things that would be fun. One day we played balloon volleyball. Another time we played with the water hose and had a water balloon fight.

My future has been a popular subject lately. If I'm supposed to go to college, now would be a good time to figure where. I want to be a missionary, but if I ever have to come home I need to have a way to support myself. I just don't know would best fit my personality, abilities, interests, and so on. I don't want to make the wrong decision. That doesn't seem like a valid fear. If there is anyone out there reading this, please pray that seek the Lord with all my heart. Once I have my relationship with Him, nothing will I fear. Perfect love casts out all fear. His love is perfect. My love? Definitely not perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey this is luke, my blogger account is being really dumb right now. My dorm life is ok, God's blessed, yet again (amazing I know), and I got to be across the hall from one of my friends I met at orientation. He's a great guy, a christian of course, musician, he's really cool.
uhh, lots of needs and darkness are on this campus. Pray that I'll be a light, ya know, i just need to post this an my own blog, oh wait, the system is being really lame. oh well, like i was saying, people need the Lord (dont sing, jk). Some people just need to grow (myself included) But other than that, its great. It's like a dream. Independence, well, its not so bad, the excitement about getting your life on the road is nice (not in my flippin major though!!) God is amazing, He's gonna be right here with me, how much better can dorm life get? ya know?

I am a born-again, Bible believing Christian who loves God and enjoys fellowship with friends, sports (especially volleyball), the outdoors, learning about God, and growing in Him.