Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Great Sorrow

Today my principal came up to the high school students and asked if any of us would want to compete in an oratory competition, which basis would be about topics including abortion. I was not sure if I wanted to do it at first but then I thought,"Hey, this couldn't be too bad, could it?" So, once I got my homework done I decided to begin my research on abortion and began with this article that speaks about partial birth abortion. The most I really ever know about abortion is that it included killing "unborn" babies. This article goes into detail about what partial birth abortion actually is, and it is one of the most perverse things I have ever heard being done to a living human being. I can't believe doctors actually perform these. People are really doing this to babies which are truly God's own. I know that Satan is the prince of this world but do people not have a conscience? Well, they might, but it sure doesn't seem to affect them. I do know the problem, their sinners, just like me. They need Jesus to change. I can tell this is going to be an assignment that will definitely bring me closer to God, and help me feel the pain He feels every day. This makes me sad and made all at the same time. Praise God that President Bush signed the Partial-Birth-Abortion Ban.

4 comments:

Rachel Marie said...

Abortion is a terrible, horriffic thing!!! But praise the Lord that each and every one of those dear little ones goes straight into the arms of Jesus!

Queen Mum said...

Once at Regional Competition, I was the Science Theory judge, and seven out of ten projects were on abortion. You talk about drained! I felt such a heaviness for all involved in such a thing. A total emotional exhaustion is what I was feeling at the time. I had to read each one over and over. The thing to keep in mind here is that these are Christian school students doing these projects. I learned facts about abortion I never thought possible and so very horrible. Those students did their research and left NOTHING out. No evil was left to be wondered about. Everything was out in the open there for me to read. Yeah....that was quite an experience. God did a wonderful thing in my heart through all that learning; I now pray differently concerning that subject. I now see through new eyes the reality of something near and dear to God's heart.

Anonymous said...

Abortion is straight from hell!

Nunzia said...

there's actually a website called the Silent Scream and i had the misfortune of watching a clip on LivePrayer.com that I thought would be mostly inspirational stuff but showed an actual abortion in 15 seconds.. very sobering.. and really shows the difference between an unborn child and a "pregnancy."

I am a born-again, Bible believing Christian who loves God and enjoys fellowship with friends, sports (especially volleyball), the outdoors, learning about God, and growing in Him.