Friday, March 24, 2006

The Conclusion

WOW! What a great student convention! It didn't seem as big as it was last year. The final count, I assume this includes all sponsors, was 296. Examples would include: only two one act plays entries, five entries in male piano solo, five small ensembles and a volleyball team that we beat at least four times this year placing fourth place in the volleyball tournament. I got to meet so many new people. It pretty strange when you could just be walking about leisurely and someone would say ," Hi Tess!", and I didn't even know who they were. I usually had an idea to what school they attended though. I got to see some good friends that I hadn't seen in awhile. I enjoyed that. Overall there was a great atmosphere and lots of fun, full of anticipation, much walking back and forth, and finally good fellowship. There was never a moment that you couldn't be doing something. Yep, hardly ever a dull moment.
Personally, the most exciting parts for me were Atalie getting a command performance and the awards ceremony. Atalie did a wonderful job on her dramatic monologue so well that they asked her Thursday night if she would perform it in front of the whole convention. Everyone was so proud of her. She also got first in her expressive reading and table tennis. There was not one person from my school who didn't go home with at least one medal. All of my school had worked so hard on all of their events so the awards ceremony was the payoff for all of our hard work. There is so much to write but I don't feel like writing all of it so I'll leave you with my results

poetry recitation - 2nd
science project, engineering - 3rd
Bible bowl - 7th?
radio program - 3rd
tennis - 3rd
dramatic dialogue - 6th
sewing, sportswear - 1st (by .33 of a point)
mixed quartet - 6th
pace bowl - 7th?
Bible memory - 4th

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I wish I could have been there. It would have been so much fun! I finally put up my short story, if you want to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Could you pray that no one will do anything stupid this Friday when we go over to my b/f's house? Thanx. Me + Jace = Chaos

tess said...

My pleasure, just don't take the initiative to do something stipid! Well, only if you pray also because that same night is the Awana Fun Night. Movie + pizza + sugary drinks + kids = mass chaos. No need to expain! You know Awanwa well enough.

Queen Mum said...

Congratulations to all participants and placements at convention.

tess said...

Thanks, everyone had a great time while they were there.(Except for Ryan he got sick Monday night and went home Tuesday.)

Nunzia said...

congrats!

Sorry it's been so long since I stopped by, but a lot has been going on. I hope you'll read my latest entry, as it truly demonstrates God's faithfulness even in our times of doubt.

I really hope you are well!

I am a born-again, Bible believing Christian who loves God and enjoys fellowship with friends, sports (especially volleyball), the outdoors, learning about God, and growing in Him.