Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm Here (Sort of)...

Well, here I go again waiting two months to blog. I guess that's just my life, always a little ( ha, ha) behind. How are all my friends out there? I hope everyone is well and joyful. What a glorious time of year it is! Getting out of school, spending well needed time with family, friends, and most of all Him to whom I owe my all. All that I am and ever will be is due to the babe born in a manger so many years ago. Often He is reduced by the world to being only a babe and nothing more, but as my mind creates the image of that lowly stable, I look upon Him and see so much more. This babe was the Word. He was in the beginning, He was with God, He was God, all things were made by Him, and without him was not anything made that was made- John 1:1-3. In the manger lay the Light, the true Light, the Word made flesh, Him who dwelt in this world, and was tempted in all points like as we are, but without sin -John 1:14, Hebrews 4:15. This baby was born to a virgin, concieved of the Holy Ghost, and the only beggoten of the Father -Matthew 1:23,20, Luke 1:26-31; 2:11, Isaiah 7:4, John 1:14. This child was the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sins of the world -John 1:29. He was born in Bethlehem, the city of David -Micah 5:2, Matthew 2:1, Luke 2:1-7. His name would be called Emmanuel (God with us)- Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23. Everyone would call Him Jesus (meaning Savior). He would save His people from their sins dispite the fact that they recieved Him not. Those who did recieve Him He gave the power (privilage) to become the sons and daughters of God -Matthew 1:21, John 1:11-13. This God-Child would be great, and called the Son of the Highest, the Son of God -Luke 1:32,35. Savior and Christ the Lord was His name even as a babe, a Light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of God's people Israel -Luke 2:11,32. He was full of grace and truth -John 1:14


When He was born, He was wrapped in swaddling clothes and placed into a manger. Yes, this is how God made His great entry into this world. Not what we would think of as a triumpant entry, but Jesus knew that He did not come to over throw the Roman government. Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost. I was lost. Jesus left the perfection of heaven to come as the Lamb of God, the perfect sinless sacrifice, to die for my sins and for everyone's sins. All I did was recieve Jesus. I admitted that I was a sinner, and I had no righteousness -Romans 3:23. The wages of my sins are an eternity in hell. Nothing we can do by ourselves will get us to heaven, but there was a gift given the very first Christmas that can solve our sin problem.This gift was Jesus Christ. God loved us so much He died for us! Through Him (not ourselves, remember?) we can have eternal life - Romans 6:23; 5:8. I confessed I could do nothing of my own to get rid of my sin and that His death was sufficient to pay for my sin. One of the most exciting parts of Jesus' life is that when He died, He did not stay dead. Because He was God, death had no power over Him and it could not hold Him in His grave. He is now at the right hand of God the Father, the highest place of honor in the universe. The Bible tells us if we will confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus, amd believe that God has raised Him from the dead, we will be saved from your lost state -Romans 10:9. After doing this you will have begun the most amazing adventure, journey, growth experience, and love story your life has ever known, so grab a Bible, start reading it everyday and pray to your God because He hears and answers your prayers! Tell Him your every joy and sorrow just as you would speak to a best friend, your father (or a father figure in your life), and someone who loves you. God is all three and even more to His children.

If you do not surrender your life to God to let Him do as He pleases with it, and if you do not confess Jesus Christ as Lord and more specifically as your Lord, your knee will bow and your tounge will confess He is Lord -Philippians 2:5-11.

I pray this made sense, and if it didn't please ask questions.

1 comment:

Sky said...

Hey Tesser!!
Everything you said is soo true!
Just wanted to stop by and see how you are doing!
Hope to see you soon!
-Stephers

I am a born-again, Bible believing Christian who loves God and enjoys fellowship with friends, sports (especially volleyball), the outdoors, learning about God, and growing in Him.