Sunday, June 11, 2006

3rd Week of Summer Vacation

This week my church did a backyard Bible club at my Grandmother's house. I had never done anything like this before. I mean, I have helped out at Vacation Bible Club before but never had to teach a Bible story I just did crafts. The first day I had to teach the story of Adam, Eve, Cain, and Able. I was extremely anxious. The story went really well along with everything else in the club. We were hoping to have more kids come though. Five kids came the first day and by Friday there were eight.
I also dog-sat, fish-sat, and babysat this week. Who doesn't love odd jobs? The dog(Stinker) wasn't too bad, although he did have his bad days. The fish, well, what can you say about a fish? It didn't make a peep(to bad I can't say the same about the dog). One of the girls from school was my partner in the babysitting job. We were the nursery workers for a wedding. It was a lot of fun because the door of the nursery room gave me a great view into all of the behind the scene work of a wedding. The wedding started at one and I was at the church by eleven. Before the wedding had even started I saw the bride, groom, bridesmaids, groomsmen, and ringbearer(who was most outgoing eight year old I have ever remembered meeting). I didn't even know the people getting married, but seeing everyone run around made me excited for them!

I love summer break!

God bless!

No comments:

I am a born-again, Bible believing Christian who loves God and enjoys fellowship with friends, sports (especially volleyball), the outdoors, learning about God, and growing in Him.