Saturday, December 6, 2008

Isn't God Good?

So I have not written in a while!!! I think the last time I really wrote anything was on my Senior Trip. So, what has been going down since then? A LOT!!! For one, I graduated from high school!!! After four long (yet very short) years, I made it! A few days after I graduated I headed to the mountains. I worked at theme park with a campus ministry from the college I am now attending. On Project I was trained to share the Gospel and to study God's Word. There were also weekly theme meetings like "Knowing God" and "Reaching the Nations." I learned sooo much, mainly about myself. Man, am I sinful!!! I saw that I had did not desire God wholeheartedly.  I quietly rebelled against changing my desire the whole summer, or maybe it just wasn't the right time. I know I did not take full advantage of all of the opportunities to grow in a more intimate relationship with Him. But, I would not be who I am if I had not gone. This summer was just a stepping stone to where God has me now!!! I must also say it was the most fun yet the hardest summer of my life. With every challenge also came a  sweet time of fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ. We worked hard and we played hard!

I was in the mountains for ten weeks and came back home for two weeks before I left again for my first semester as a college student! Maybe I will go into more detail about this semester later.

Here I am now, almost finished with my first semester (one math test away!!!). College has been my most challenging life experience so far. I didn't know how easy I had it until those college classes started. I don't think it is the difficulty school work so much as it is the diligence that has to be put into preparing for tests, quizzes, speeches, and papers. Mamma's no longer around to ask, "Tess, have you got that homework finished?" Daddy's no longer around to wake me up to go to school. No one is around to see if you have had your daily serving of fruits and vegetables (well I never had that to begin with, but you know what I mean). 


In my case, I have wonderful influences all around me. I want to follow God like they follow Him. I also want to follow God because He has given me the desire to follow Him, not because everyone else is. I guess my problem is a good one to be having at a public school. While some kids go wild at college, I have grown in a more intimate relationship with my Lord and Savior!!! Praise His name!!!

No comments:

I am a born-again, Bible believing Christian who loves God and enjoys fellowship with friends, sports (especially volleyball), the outdoors, learning about God, and growing in Him.